Jobs with Greater Media DetroitGreater Media Detroit is owned by Greater Media, Inc., a privately-owned company based in Braintree, Massachusetts.
In addition to Detroit, Greater Media is the parent company of AM and FM radio stations in Boston, New Jersey, and Philadelphia.
Job openings occur throughout the year.
Please direct inquires to 1 Radio Plaza, Detroit, MI 48220.
Click here to view our latest FCC/EEO report.
DIRECTOR OF SALESThe Director of Sales plans, organizes, and implements sales programs for entire cluster. They develop and execute sales objectives and strategies, maintain budgets, forecasts and reports on local pricing trends. The Director of Sales oversees the development of programs and opportunities to maximize revenues, supervises sales managers (NSM, Local, General and Interactive Sales) and works closely with them to develop sales strategies for local and national clients. They also recruit, train and supervise account executives and works with them to set sales goals, develop client relationships and complete sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute the strategic plan for the cluster's local and national sales programs.
• Review revenue forecasting with Market Manager and Controller on a weekly basis.
• Create inventory pacing and yield management systems to achieve maximum revenue and coordinate with Traffic Manager regarding commercial placement.
• Develop rate policy and review at regular intervals in response to market trends.
• Develop yearly budget and regularly meet with Controller to review and update.
• Hire, train and coach Account Executives to provide financial results for the stations and their clients.
• Manage account lists, including working with the Controller and Finance Department on collections.
• Client support and development as needed and requested by the Account Executives.
• Negotiate client broadcast rates, commercial schedules and unit pricing.
• Actively involved in local business and community organizations to create community goodwill.
• Travel locally to meet with clients on regular basis; and occasional travel out of state to meet with Corporate staff and national reps.
• Supervises sales managers, traffic, sales assistant s, and the NTR and digital departments.
Minimum Applicant Qualifications Required:
• Strong Management Skills: Ability to leverage employees' strengths, and manage a variety of personalities and interpersonal conflicts.
• Experience and success in Radio Sales.
• Five to eight years’ experience in radio sales.
• Strategic Thinker and Planner: Ability to research, plan, prepare and execute the sales objectives.
• Computer and spreadsheet proficient
• Ability to create, maintain and improve client relationships.
• Advanced communications and presentation skills.
• Four year college degree preferred
• Change Leadership: Actively intervenes to create and energize positive change. Leads by example.
• Excellent communication skills: Easily articulate vision through well-organized correspondence and proposals.
• Integrity: Remains consistent in terms of what one says and does, and in terms of behavior toward others.
• Judgment/Decision Making: Demonstrates logic, rationality, and objectivity in decision-making.
• Negotiation Skills: Achieves favorable outcomes in win/win negotiations.
• Persuasive: Ability to sell a "vision" and maintain credibility.
• Strategic Thinker: Anticipates what needs to be done and finds a way to get it done.
• Creative: Generates new approaches to problems and innovations to established procedures, operating within established guidelines and policies.
• Organization/Planning Skills: Ability to prioritize and work many projects at one time.
• Analysis Skills: Identifies significant problems and opportunities. Analyzes problems in depth.
• Customer Focus: Meet customer needs in ways that provide satisfaction and excellent results
No phone calls. Submit résumés to Jobs@Greatermediadetroit.com Greater Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ACCOUNT MANAGERSAttention: Sales Professionals
Greater Media Detroit – 101.1 WRIF-FM, 105.1 WMGC-FM, and 94.7 WCSX have immediate openings for highly motivated individuals with marketing know-how and sales potential. We offer a commitment to excellence, the industry's finest training, great marketing resources and three great radio properties. Greater Media Detroit is committed to helping companies grow through effective marketing and advertising programs. Do you have the love and passion for winning? Do you have the drive, hunger, and ability to see the sales process through from prospecting to the final close? If you are looking for unlimited income potential then you have found the right place. We are not looking for order takers! At least 2 years’ experience with quantifiable success in radio/media sales or a related industry. No phone calls. Submit résumés to Jobs@Greatermediadetroit.com.
Greater Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Greater Media Detroit is looking for interns for its media internship program.
•Students must be enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school
•Student understands that the internship must be a minimum of three months in
duration and last no longer than six months
•Student understands that a Greater Media internship is an unpaid internship
•Student is required to provide a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 20 hours per week to Greater Media for the duration of their internship
•Student MUST be receiving course credit for participation in the Greater Media internship program
•Student must complete all university/college and Greater Media paperwork and waivers prior to beginning the internship
•Student must be interested in learning all facets of radio promotion and marketing
•Student must have reliable transportation to and from assignments
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with INTERN in the subject line.