Jobs with Greater Media DetroitGreater Media Detroit is owned by Greater Media, Inc., a privately-owned company based in Braintree, Massachusetts.
In addition to Detroit, Greater Media is the parent company of AM and FM radio stations in Boston, New Jersey, and Philadelphia.
Job openings occur throughout the year.
Please direct inquires to 1 Radio Plaza, Detroit, MI 48220.
Click here to view our latest FCC/EEO report.
Candidates can click here to apply for jobs with Greater Media Detroit
Local Sales AssistantThe Local Sales Assistant helps with the efficiency of the sales operation by providing high-level administrative support to the Sales Managers and the Account Executives. The Sales Assistant is integral to the success of the Sales Department. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, team-oriented setting, this is the position for you!
Applicant Qualifications Required:
• The ideal candidate will possess superb written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills are essential.
• Computer proficient in various software programs, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Photoshop.
• Must be detail oriented, organized, and possess a professional demeanor with clients and colleagues even under pressure.
Applicant responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist in daily responsibilities-Research, Sales orders, Client services, Campaign development and proposal creation, Execution, Support and Recaps
• Pulls/ processes sales reports and other sales related records as needed for the Sales staff and Sales Managers.
• Works with Traffic and Accounting to ensure smooth execution of sales orders, missing copy and notarizing of invoices.
• Pulls invoices, spot placement, post and pre-logs and other AE/client back-up as necessary.
Applicant Qualifications Desired:
• We are looking for an exceptional, creative and enthusiastic individual with one to two years’ administrative and marketing experience. • Bachelor's degree preferred.
If you are self-directed, motivated, enjoy being a member of a team and have laser sharp customer focus, we want to hear from you! Apply today by filling out an application and sending your resume at www.greatermediadetroit.com. No phone calls please.
Detroit Sports 105.1 Program DirectorBe a part of the fastest growing sports station in the country. Greater Media Detroit is seeking a Program Director who will take our station to new heights. We are looking for a Program Director with a unique vision to increase the ratings, lives and breathes sports, and help to establish a brand for Detroit Sports 105.1.
Applicant Qualifications Required:
• Strong leadership skills that unite the programming staff.
• Impressive management skills to integrate programming with sales, marketing, digital and management within the organization.
• Understand current delivery platforms for the product to be able to maximize opportunities.
• Coaching, direct and mentor talent and producers.
• Understanding of how to enhance programming to garner PPM ratings.
• The ability to develop strategy and implement it via detailed tactics.
• The ability to analyze and interpret PPM data to share with the programming staff, sales team and management team.
• Strong marketing savvy.
• The ability to seize opportunities.
• Understanding the nuances of the market and the listening audience.
• Creative writing ability to image the brand.
• Ability to maximize resources.
• Budgeting skills including establish needs for the department and managing financial resources on a daily basis.
Applicant Qualifications Desired:
• A minimum of one year experience with Nielsen PPM data and software.
• Must have at least two years programming experience as a program director or operations manager.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
No phone calls please. Please go to www.greatermediadetroit.com to submit your resume and fill out an application.
SALES MANAGERGreater Media Detroit is searching for the best Sales Manager to lead a talented team of sellers. This individual will be charged with motivating and leading a team to consistent, sustainable revenue growth for a company committed to a customized customer intimate strategy.
This is a rare opportunity to not only lead one of the best stations in the country, but join one of the best radio companies in the country.
Candidates must demonstrate ability to:
* Create and implement a winning sales strategy.
* Coach and develop a team to exceed revenue expectations and results for clients.
* Build collaborative relationships inside and outside the building.
* Recruit, coach, and retain great talent.
* Lead the team to generate marketing-based ideas to get client results.
* Immediately impact and build lasting relationships with Key clients and Key agencies.
* Rally staff around the station’s mission and purpose.
If selected for an interview, we will want to learn how you approach:
* Strategic Planning
* Account List Management
* Marketing Ideas
* Coaching and team development
* Inventory management
Please go to www.greatermediadetroit.com to submit your resume and fill out an application. No phone calls please. Greater Media is the parent company of 21 AM and FM radio stations in the Boston, Charlotte, Detroit, New Jersey and Philadelphia markets. It also owns a group of weekly newspapers in central New Jersey as well as several telecommunication towers throughout the United States.
Greater Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls please.
ACCOUNT MANAGERSAttention: Sales Professionals
Greater Media Detroit – 101.1 WRIF-FM, 105.1 WMGC-FM, and 94.7 WCSX have immediate openings for highly motivated individuals with marketing know-how and sales potential. We offer a commitment to excellence, the industry's finest training, great marketing resources and three great radio properties. Greater Media Detroit is committed to helping companies grow through effective marketing and advertising programs. Do you have the love and passion for winning? Do you have the drive, hunger, and ability to see the sales process through from prospecting to the final close? If you are looking for unlimited income potential then you have found the right place. We are not looking for order takers! At least 2 years’ experience with quantifiable success in radio/media sales or a related industry. No phone calls. Submit résumés to Jobs@Greatermediadetroit.com.
Candidates can click here to apply for jobs with Greater Media DetroitGreater Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Greater Media Detroit is looking for interns for its media internship program.
•Students must be enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school
•Student understands that the internship must be a minimum of three months in
duration and last no longer than six months
•Student understands that a Greater Media internship is an unpaid internship
•Student is required to provide a minimum of 12 hours and a maximum of 20 hours per week to Greater Media for the duration of their internship
•Student MUST be receiving course credit for participation in the Greater Media internship program
•Student must complete all university/college and Greater Media paperwork and waivers prior to beginning the internship
•Student must be interested in learning all facets of radio promotion and marketing
•Student must have reliable transportation to and from assignments
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with INTERN in the subject line.
Candidates can also click here to apply for jobs with Greater Media Detroit